Report on the work done in the period from January to December of 2017
In relation to state programs of social assistance
Family allowances, social benefits, emergency assistance, child birth and care benefits, money compensation of deposits /thousand drams/
Within the 12 months of 2017 the department fulfilled the following social programs
• On the event of May 8 and 9, special events and social assistance was provided for 450 veterans of the Great Patriotic War.
• Prior to the New Year 6000 citizens with disabilities were included in the program of food assistance.
• Charity canteens. 18 charity canteens function in the capital an 2400 people make use of themБлаготворительные столовые.
• In 2017. 167 homeless people were provided with temporary shelters.
• Programs of social assistance to the Armenian families from Syria. Within the reported 12 months 129 families were provided with financial assistance,968 families were granted household appliances and clothing, 1203 families got food assistance,87 families were included in the social program “Erebuni –Yerevan 2799”.
• Cooperation with NGOs and joint social projects.
• On the event of the International Women’s Day on March 8 a number of actions were organized for almost 2000 women from various social groups (participants of Artsakh and Patriotic wars, representatives of national minorities, mother with many children, mothers and widows of the fallen in the war, women fro Syria, representatives of NGOs).
• On April 24, social program was organized for 3 Genocide survivors within the frames of which financial assistance was provided to the mentioned persons.
• Programs of social assistance for persons with disabilities.
• On April 28-29 parents of about 1700 fixed-period servicemen got the opportunity to visit their sons in frontier military units.
• Summer rest for 1215 children was organized.
• .On July 19-20 within the official visit of the delegation headed by Yerevan Mayor Taron Margaryan to Artsakh the meeting with the families of Stepanakert residents fallen or injured in April war was organized. They were granted necessary household equipment.
• Within the frames of “Ari tun” (Come Home) project realized jointly with the RA Ministry of Diaspora, 94 Yerevan families hosted 130 young boys and girls from Diaspora.
• Prior to the new school year the program of social assistance to needy families was carried out.
• On the event of the International Day of Elderly People 23 citizens got food assistance.
• Social action on the event of “Erebuni-Yerevan 2799” . By the instruction of Yerevan Mayor 2799 families were granted necessary household equipment.
• On October 27-28,by the initiative of Yerevan Mayor Taron Margaryan, parents of nearly 1600 fixed-period servicemen from Yerevan got one more possibility to visit their sons.
• On the event o December 3-the International Day of Disabled People-124 families received financial assistance.
•On the event of the New Year and Christmas holidays 21.738 needy families living in the capital were provided with food packets. For 4000 children performances with the participation of Santa Claus and Snow Maiden were organized.