Kanaker, Holy Mother of God Church
The Holy Mother of God church in Kanaker was badly damaged after the earthquake of 1679. The inscription on the wall of the church evidences that in 1695 it was built by means of the locals. The church belonged to the congregation of monks (it had flats for monks and was surrounded with other constructions). The church is a three-nave basilica with a prayer hall and the main altar in the eastern side and entrances from the south and the west. The inside walls of the church are decorated with crosses. On one of the crosses the name Keram is inscribed as the name of the master created it. In the Soviet period the church stopped working and was turned into a storage place. After the Independence it was renovated by the Armenian company for preservation of the historical monuments.