St. Gregory the Illuminator church
The St. Gregory the Illuminator Church was built in the centre of Yerevan, at the place of the present Yeghishe Charentz school in Amiryan Street. The church was one of the latest built churches in Yerevan. The church was founded in 1869, however, the construction works were completed only in 1900. Two years later a bell-tower was added from the eastern part. According to the information available, the church was built by the donation of Mr. Grigor Ghazarian and the bell-tower was built by the donation of Mr. Gevork Ter-Sahakian, both of them residents of Yerevan.