On November 30, 2012 in the area adjacent to the junction of Halabyan and Margaryan streets in Achapnyak district a well-arranged and comfortable recreation zone was opened. Overhauling of the water basin with the surface of about 3000 sq m was carried out in this recreation zone total area of which is 1.7 hectares. In each semicircle a newly-created fountain was put into operation. Besides, there are three open and one closed bower-pavilions, three playing attractions, a separate sports-ground and decorative power posts in the new park, as well as the Internet coverage (Wi-Fi) is available.
The park is located in the first quarter of Nor Nork district in F. Nansen street. The park begins in the area adjacent to the statue of Guy. At the entrance to the park, on the high pedestal the statue of Guy (Hayk Bzhshkyants) is placed. In the park after Nansen one can see the sculptures called "My heart is in the Highlands", "Byron", "F. Verfel", "Jhangir agha" placed here in the recent years.
In the 30th instead of the present park there used to be a desolated area. It was planted with trees in the 30-40s during the Lenin’s clean-ups. After the USSR's victory in the Great Patriotic War, on the event of Victory's Day the memorial complex "Haghtanak" was built. In 1950, under the supervision of the Culture division of the executive committee of the City Council of Yerevan the culture and recreation zone was created around the memorial complex. In the same year the monument to Stalin was erected in the park which remained there until 1962. In 1962, the monument to Mother Armenia was erected on the same pedestal. The grave of the Unknown Soldier, “No war” sculpture, the monument to border-guards, the Alley of Heroes, lake "Arevik", various attractions and merry-go-rounds are situated in "Haghtanak" park.
The idea of creating children’s railway in Yerevan belonged to the first secretary of the Central Committee of the Armenian communist Party Aghasi Khanjyan. In the state plan of the Arm SSR included the construction of the children’s railway provided for the annual program for 1936. On April 22 1936 during the All-Union clean-up Aghasi Khanjyan put the fundamental stone in the city garden after Abovyan. On this stone “Paros” station was built. Later it was renamed “Hayrenik”. It was planned that the children’s railway was put into operation on November 7 1937, on the day of October Revolution.
The park is situated in Malatia Sebastia district. In 1999 it was named after the first leader of the community Vahan Zatikyan. The park includes the middle part of Svachyan and Raffi streets. The sculpture of the Captain Andranik is placed here, the sculpture called "Hoah's Arl on Mount Ararat" and other statues are placed here.