The house-museum was opened in 1976 during the life of the artist with the collection of 50his works granted by him. Presently, 240 museum samples are displayed in the museum completing the main stages of the Master’s creative activity: from the first student works to the paintings, drawings of the late period up to his last canvas "A fairytale". M.Saryan's paintings of pre-revolutionary period (1895-1917) and of the Armenian period (1921-1972) including the series of paintings of the period of 1904-1907 called "Fairytales and dreams", his masterpieces such as "At the well: a got day", "Self-portrait", "A walking woman", "A night landscape", "A still-life picture with Egyptian masks", "Oriental flowers", the self-portrait "Three ages" are on the permanent exhibition of the museum.
The museum was founded in1963 in the house where the composer lived during the last years of his life. On November 25 1967 the house-museum was opened for the visitors. There are 1317 museum items here: the composer’s personal things, documents, notes, manuscripts and photos, which give information about the life and activity of Spendiaryan. The reminiscence room has been restored as it used to be during the poet's life. Made by the composer musical instrument called «Spendiarophone», the only extant playbill of the first Yerevan performance of “Almast” opera (1933) are on permanent exhibition.
The sculptor Ara Sarksian and the painter Hakob Kojoyan played a significant role in the development of the fine arts of the latest time. They laid the basis for further development of Armenian monumental sculpture and artistic design of books. There are numerous monumental sculptures and bas-relives by Ara Sarksian in Yerevan and other cities of Armenia. It's impossible to imagine the Armenian publishing-house without wonderful book graphics by Hakob Kojoyan. The house-museum of H. Kojoyan and A. Sarksian is situated in a two-storey buiding. They lived and created in the neighborhood of the house-museum. Their creative spirit still rains in the house-museum. The displayed works of art in thematical and chronological succession give the substantial imagination of the life, art, creative intentions of famous masters. Their personal things, instruments, their unfinished works are collected in the house-museum. All these things create a bond with the works of art of the outstanding masters of Armenian art.
The museum of the statesman and politician, the RA National Hero Karen Demirchyan was founded on January 9, 2001 by the decision of the RA Government. The solemn ceremony of opening of the main exhibition took place on April 20, 2007 on the event of K. Demirchyan’s 75th birthday. The museum was founded with the aim of studying and illustrating K. Demirchyan’s life and activity,perpetuation of his memory. The task of the museum is to bring up the younger generation in patriotic spirit holding up the life of K. Demirchyan as an example. There are rich document materials in the museum: documents, photos, video films, personal items, governmental awards, as well as presents received from relatives, colleagues, such as works of art, gold Olympic medals and so on. A part of them is displayed in two halls designed in modern style. The visitors of the museum have the opportunity to get acquainted with the life and activity of Demirchyan’s companions-in arms who worked with him side by side under his leadership contributing to the development of the country. Thematic exhibitions are often held in the museum: agricultural development in Armenia in 1970-1990, the history of creation of the Yerevan Metro, the history of "Yerevan-Erebuni" celebration and so on the aim of which is to summarize the activity of K.Demirchyan. At the exhibition one can also find the furniture and items of the study of the first secretaries of the central committee of the Armenian Communist party used by K. Demirchyan and the previous first secretaries. Karen Demirchyan worked at the desk shown at the exhibition during the time when he was elected the Chairman of the national Assembly as well. The museum has a library of political literature where the visitors can familiarize themselves in details with the history of Soviet and post-Soviet Armenia. The personal archive of K. Demirchyan kept in the funds of the museum is of a particular interest. The benevolent foundation “Karen Demirchyan” and the museum jointly published books, brochures, catalogues illustrating the life and activity of Karen Demirchyan. The sequel of the Soviet Armenia chronology which includes the years of 1980-1990 is being prepared for publication. The museum has an assembly hall where various events are held: scientific conferences, disputes, press conferences, meetings with representatives of science, culture, justice and politicians. The family of K. Demirchyan always takes part in the activity of the museum, particularly the Chair of the Board of "Karen Demirchyan" benevolent foundation Rima Demirchyan.
State museum of nature of Armenia is a unique in the region with its collections and museum values. The main collection of the museum includes special items of biodiversity of Armenian flora and fauna, which have been preserved almost without changes since last geological era, are extinct or rare and included in the Red Books of Armenia and International Society of Nature Protection. The collection reflects the peculiarities of our country's nature and the riches of the Earth's interior. The main fund includes flora, fauna, geological, paintings photos. Skeletons, skins and stuffed designs of mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fishes, insects, arachnoids, shells of invertebrates, slices of trees, herbariums, samples of fossil plants and animals, minerals, oil paintings, drawings and so on.
The museum was founded in 1977. The main aim of the museum is to collect, keep and develop the rich traditions of the national woodcraft. The exhibition consists of sectors of sculpture, applied art and ancient culture.
The authors are painters, sculptors and masters of applied art. Thematic and authors exhibitions, cultural actions, lectures are held here. Educational and training programs are implemented in marzes (provinces) and in Artsakh.
The museum was founded in 1984. The collection of professor A. Abrahamyam represents the best period of Russian art history, the basis of which are economical and moral changes of the 19-20th centuries. The collection of the museum includes more than 120 paintings and drawings. The hall representing dramatic art, where clothes and decorations are exhibited, attracts special attention and creates high spirit. The works of art by Korovin, Serov, Arkhipov are worth special attention.
The "Galentz Museum" opened its doors on April 27, 2010, 40 years after the death of the renowned painter Haroutiun Galentz.
The "Galentz Museum" was established due to the joint efforts of Haroutiun Galentz’s family – his wife, artist Armine Galentz, and his sons Saro and Armen Galentzs, whose private collections set basis for the museum exhibitions.
Since 2011, besides the permanent exhibition and the organization of temporary exhibitions of the museum collections, contemporary art exhibitions of guest artists have been held at the "Galentz Museum". This initiative provides an opportunity to support the development of the leading artistic mindset and understanding among artists, and will become a constituent part of the exhibition policy of the museum in the future.
The house of Khachatur Abovyan is one of the innermost sanctuaries of the Armenians. The house was closed in the past. The story goes that pilgrims imprinted their kiss with timidity on the walls of the house and left with a handful of soil. A long term wish of the Armenian people to see the house of the great enlightener to be turned into a museum was realized in 1939.
After the establishment of Soviet power, according to the decision of the Council of People’s Commissars of the Armenian SSR issued on April 25, 1938, the writer’s house in Kanaker was reconstructed and in the end of 1939 it became a house-museum. A newly built museum has 500 square meters of exhibition area consists of 12 departments.