The Organizational Department of the Municipality of Yerevan follows the legislation of the Republic of Armenia, the decisions of the Council of Elders of Yerevan, the decisions and instructions of the Mayor of Yerevan, the Regulations of the Department.
Functions of the Department
1. To organize and ensure the activity of the Council of Elders of Yerevan and to assist in the organization of the activities ensuring the work of the Council of Elders of Yerevan.
2. To work out and submit the packages of proposals on installation of memorial boards commemorating the eminent state and public figures to the Council of Elders of the Yerevan.
3. To work out and submit the packages of proposals concerning naming the streets, avenues, parks in Yerevan as well as educational, cultural and other establishments subordinated to the Municipality of Yerevan to the Council of Elders of Yerevan.
4. To discuss and take action on the received notifications about holding of public events in Yerevan.
5. To assist in the preparations for the elections in Yerevan.
6. To record the working meetings of the Municipality of Yerevan, to hand in the executives the records of the instructions.
7. To prepare and submit the documentation on promotion of the title of «Honorary Citizen of Yerevan» to the Council of Elders of Yerevan.
8. To prepare and submit the documentation on the promotion of honorary titles and awards of the city of Yerevan to the Council of Elders of Yerevan.